10.26.2013

Operation Christmas Child

ahh. I Love this time of year, every time I see the red & green boxes coming into churches, getting the pamphlets in the mail .. it just makes my heart excited!

I was barely 17, never flown on a plane before I found myself landing in a foreign place with a group of 100 youth from all over North America. My heart would never be the same.

If you ask me about my trip, I still have a hard time putting it into words. God changed who I am and used this experience to shape Me. It was almost 7 years ago and I can still see those kids, and smell the place..

...That little boy who received what we thought was nothing in his box, to see his tears of happiness over a few pencils and crayons..

...Every time we counted down in spanish 3...2...1.... and those kids together, ripped open their first-ever gift I could just feel the love of Jesus pouring into their lives.

..The time we didn't have enough boxes. Those 13 girls who stood in line.. waiting.. we prayed in desperation and as we finished a man ran up with another box full of shoeboxes, 13 to be exact, all labelled "girl."

The stories are endless. These aren't just pictures. When you look at them, try to feel what they feel in that moment. These are real kids, real lives. And those boxes IMPACT.

Please pack a box. Spend $20 at a dollar store on a child, and know that it will change their life.

Click here to learn how.



Pictures are from my trips to El Salvador and Argentina with Samaritan's Purse.










No comments:

Post a Comment