7.15.2013

Go Candid.

I think the best thing to ever happen to photography has been the digital camera. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge sucker for the feel of film photography. I LOVE looking back from the antique photos from my mom of her as a baby and even some way back from when my grandparents were just toddlers. And browsing through the 100's of photos of me and my siblings growing up is something I always love to make time for, and digital or not- I always, always, always PRINT my photos.

The thing about digital is that you can just snap away, and pick through later what to keep- and with this option comes the option to take those natural candid shots. 
I've learnt as a mom of two, to roll with your kids when trying to get some photos. Even though I always want a picture of my buddy staring into the camera and smiling "nicely," I've learnt to love the photos he gives me, because they are him!
So, after trying to get my 2 and a half year old to SMILE!!! I gave up and took 2 dozen pictures of him deciding to chase me down with a water gun. Some were blurry due to me running backwards with my camera, and some had water marks on the lens. But these are the pictures I cherish, plus he was laughing so hard and having a ton of fun, rather then getting frustrated with me plopping him down and making him sit still.. so don't be afraid to take too many photos, and get the real shots!

Erica



No comments:

Post a Comment